Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Compilation failure in Quartus 13 "Node is missing source"

Leire
Beginner

Hi all,

I am using Quartus 13.0.1 sp1 to compila a project and generate the "pof" file for a CicloneII. In one of the block diafram file (bdf) I use a signal in the form of an array bit that is not assigned to any value. But the compiler does NOT detect it. It should give me a "Source is missing" error, shouldn't it? I can not find the compile option that can affect such error. Nor does any associated warning appear.

Leire_0-1654073221784.png

Has anyone had aproblem similar to mine?

Thanks in advance,

Leire

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SyafieqS

Leire,

Can you show what is the error message in compilation report?

0 Kudos
Leire
Beginner

Hi SyafieqS,

There is NO error in compilation report. That is what susprises me. The signal "q_pru[16]" is not assigned, not connected, to any source. The problem I have is there is no error, no warning in the compilation report.

Thanks in advance,

Leire

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So if there's no error or warning, how do you know there is an issue?  Is it not working correctly in hardware?  Are you seeing something strange in the RTL Viewer or Technology Map Viewer (Post-fit)?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Can you try to hit analysis and elaboration button in Quartus?

See if there warning/report able to tell.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Leire,

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
Leire
Beginner

Hi SyafieqS,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

As you commented, I realize that there is a warning associated, that indicated the pin is STUCK at GND.

What is strange is that if I have a defined reg[15..0] and a I use the undefined reg[16] or reg[17] it appears this warning. However, if I use the undefined reg[18], reg[19] and so on, it appears an error saying "Node reg[18], reg[19] is missing source".

Thanks a lot,

Leire

0 Kudos