Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Contact Sales Representatives for purchasing IP Licenses

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using Quartus Prime Lite version (do not own a standard or pro version), and in the need of purchasing DDR2 SDRAM controller IP from Altera (the one available from the IP base suite). 

On all the information I can find online (Altera site), I was told to contact their sales representatives (and IP are not available for online purchase). 

I browsed to their list of sales representatives in north America (I live in BC, Canada), only to find it empty. I contacted Arrow, one of their authorized distributor for parts, 

and they told me they need a product code, which does not seem to be available anywhere. 

I have contacted Altera Telesales group and sales support offices in Ottowa, with no replies. 

Will anyone share their experience speaking to a sales representative or provide some contacts relating to this issue? 

Thanks for your attention. 

Ben Chang
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Update: I contacted Arrow again, this time they told me that no one at Arrow sell Altera products since Intel acquired the company. Now I am back to waiting for Altera sales to return my voicemail, which seems unlikely as a few days have passed.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Update: I contacted Arrow again, this time they told me that no one at Arrow sell Altera products since Intel acquired the company. Now I am back to waiting for Altera sales to return my voicemail, which seems unlikely as a few days have passed. 

--- Quote End ---  

I'm interested in the situation too, as i am awaiting for response to my latest email to regional sales support.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Ben Chang, 

Can you check the following link & please try keep calling the Telesales group or contact Altera Sales office in Canada.  

https://www.altera.com/about/contact/contact/international-altera-sales-offices/altera-toronto-canada.html 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Update: It turns out that Mouser Electronics is a sales representative. I contacted them and had them to file a quotation request.

0 Kudos