Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Creating IO PLL component using command line mode

G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hi,

Is there any way to create the IO PLL componet using command line mode instead of GUI mode?

I could create this component using GUI mode. Is it possible to generate a tcl script and run it in command line mode? Pl. suggest.

Thanks,

Sunil 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Sunil,

For reminder next time, please help to login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. So that we can support this case further for your ease.

Regarding the two commands:

To execute a TCL script that instantiates the IP and sets desired parameters: ➢ qsys-script –script=.tcl

This will require a .tcl script to instantiates the IP and sets desired parameters without the use of the GUI to select or set the parameters from the IP catalogue. 

To generate the IP core variation: ➢ qsys-generate .qsys

This will generate a .qsys file, and is the same as if you use the "Generate HDL" in the Platform Designer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You need to generate the IO during design development. Basically, we use verilog/vhdl language in Quartus Prime software then need to compile so it can generate the FPGA image that you need to program/configure the FPGA.

There is no other way to do this.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hello Farabi,

Thanks for responding. I was mentioning about the atera_iopll (IOPLL Intel FPGA IP) component. To use this component in a design, we generally use quartus tool in GUI mode to configure and generate it. Instead of using GUI mode, is it possible to generate this component using tcl script?

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hello Farabi,

Pl. check the attached snapshots. 

After creating the IOPLL component using Qsys tool in GUI, I used 'Export system' to generate the tcl files. 

Could you pl. let me know how to use this tcl file?

I tried using  "qsys-script --script=intel_iopll.tcl"  in command line.

Is this the right way to do?

Thanks,

sunil

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm still checking this with the internal teams. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from them yet.

I will plan on letting you know as soon as I learn more information.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hi Nazrul,

Thanks, will wait for your reply.

Regards,

sunil

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hi @EBERLAZARE_I_Intel ,

Sorry for replying late. Thanks for sharing the link. Let me go through it and get back on this.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any further questions?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hi @EBERLAZARE_I_Intel ,

As per the Platform designer - user guide doc, I see the following steps to parameterize and generate an IP core at command-line.

1. Run qsys-script to start a Tcl script that instantiates the IP and sets parameters:
qsys-script --script=<script_file>.tcl

2. Run qsys-generate to generate the IP core variation:
qsys-generate <IP variation file>.qsys

what is the difference between these two commands? Do we need to use both to generate the IP core? Pl. suggest.

Thanks,

Sunil

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Sunil,

For reminder next time, please help to login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. So that we can support this case further for your ease.

Regarding the two commands:

To execute a TCL script that instantiates the IP and sets desired parameters: ➢ qsys-script –script=.tcl

This will require a .tcl script to instantiates the IP and sets desired parameters without the use of the GUI to select or set the parameters from the IP catalogue. 

To generate the IP core variation: ➢ qsys-generate .qsys

This will generate a .qsys file, and is the same as if you use the "Generate HDL" in the Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
G_Sunil_Kumar
Beginner

Hi @EBERLAZARE_I_Intel ,

Thanks for the explanation, appreciate your help.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos