Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20812 Discussions

Customizing Block Diagram in Intel Quartus for Verilog Designs

ErenYagar
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Intel Quartus and its Block Editor feature. In Arduino, I can write programs in the software, simulate circuits, and even connect them to breadboards. I was wondering if Quartus has similar capabilities, such as simulating circuits on the board or customizing inputs and outputs using Verilog designs.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to achieve this in Quartus. Thank you in advance!356383961_1077785779848147_3081350460488164947_n.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

In Quartus Standard edition, you can create a symbol file (.bsf) from an HDL design from the File menu.  Is that what you are looking for?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Perhaps this YouTube video from the community has an explanation for your inquiry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt_kYKAvmtE

However, if the video does not address your specific question, please let me know so that I can provide further assistance.

Also, I would recommended to use hardware description languages (HDL) such as Verilog or VHDL for designing FPGA projects, especially when the design becomes more complex. While schematic entry can be suitable for simpler designs or for visualizing the overall circuit, it can become challenging to manage and maintain as the complexity increases. 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos