Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX EMIF crashes Quartus pro

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Im trying to get power estimates for a C10GX part. I've ported my normal design to the C10GX, using Qprime 17.0 pro, and created a new memory controller (actually all IP has been updated to C10GX). After laying out the memory controller pins, when I compile, Quartus pro bombs out of the synthesis process with no warnings, no errors, no info, other than a popup window that says Qprime quit unexpectedly.  

I have reduced my project down to JUST a memory controller (EMIF) and that's it, still the same crash. I have updated Qpro to 17.1 and installed SP1, still crashes with no information whatsoever. This early access release of C10GX is useless, at this point. If anyone has an internal workaround, it would be nice for me to get a power estimate for this part and my design. Otherwise, hopefully they fix this in 18.0. Attached is a jpg of the bomb-out.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

With Quartus quit (or just the project closed), try trashing the qdb directory. Then reopen it and try to compile again. Something may be corrupted in the compilation database.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the response sstrell, I tried your recommedation this morning and it still crashes the same way. Attached is the report from the crash window:

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Crash reports don't really tell much of anything to a user. Next resort is completely uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Otherwise, file a service request with the crash report.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK so I uninstalled, reinstalled, same issue. I actually re- downloaded Qpro 17.1 AND all the parts files, and reinstalled, same problem. I installed on another PC, same problem.  

Meanwhile my FAE and SR assistant all were able to compile my projects with no issues. Frustrating. Finally we got new licenses for Quartus at my site, and I installed my license for 2018, and now I can compile the Cyclone GX core. I have no idea why this didn't work before as my license files were up to date for at least the 2017.x versions of Quartus.
0 Kudos