Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX Transceiver Speed

MNguy59
Beginner

Hi,

On the Cyclone 10 GX datasheet, it's mentioned that the maximum transceiver output clock frequency is 6.25 GHz. Does this mean that the only way to reach the maximum data rate (12.5Gbps) is to use double data rate?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the max data rate supported by C10GX devices. For your information, the max data rate supported is 12.5Gbps. You may refer to the device datasheet -> "Transmitter and Receiver Data Rate Performance" for further details.

Regarding the 6.25GHz, I believe you are referring to the TX PLL max output frequency. For your information, the data rate in the XCVR is 2x of the PLL frequency. For example, if you are configuring the Native PHY to run 12.5Gbps, the ATX PLL connected to the Native PHY must be configured to have 6.25GHz output frequency.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the max data rate supported by C10GX devices. For your information, the max data rate supported is 12.5Gbps. You may refer to the device datasheet -> "Transmitter and Receiver Data Rate Performance" for further details.

Regarding the 6.25GHz, I believe you are referring to the TX PLL max output frequency. For your information, the data rate in the XCVR is 2x of the PLL frequency. For example, if you are configuring the Native PHY to run 12.5Gbps, the ATX PLL connected to the Native PHY must be configured to have 6.25GHz output frequency.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos