Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Cyclone 10 LP and Functional Safety Pack

PYtte
New Contributor I

I am a bit confused concerning the Qualified Functional Safety Data Package support Cyclone 10 LP now or if it will later.

If you open up the brief for the package at the bottom of this page

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/industrial-automation/programmable/applications/automation/functional-safety.html

Then Cyclone 10 LP is listed as supported device.

But if you look at the Cyclone 10 LP page.

As a feature under product details it says "In addition, they will be supported in a future release of the functional safety pack, TUV certified to IEC 61508, reducing development time and time to market."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/cyclone/10/lp/features.html

These contradict each other.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

"If you open up the brief for the package at the bottom of this page

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/industrial-automation/programmable/applications/automation/functional-safety.html

Then Cyclone 10 LP is listed as supported device."

Can you show me which part does it mention about Cyclone 10 LP as supported device as I did not found the information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
PYtte
New Contributor I

Oh sorry I downloaded the brief from two places and looked at the wrong one. Your homepage and from Digikey. 

This file I attached is from Digikey.

So I can interpret this as Cyclone 10 LP is not supported right now, but it will be supported in the future. Is there a time frame for when it will be supported?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Let me check that with our internal team, I will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
PYtte
New Contributor I

Regarding the same topic while you check that.

The Cyclone 10 LP itself is stated as compliant with IEC 61508 and has been since release I think. So the package can´t be a requirement for IEC 61508 certification. But I think only certain versions of Quartus are certified. Where can I find this inforamtion?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

After checking, customer is recommended to contact Intel sales representative based on your region for Functional safety related.

Apologize for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
PYtte
New Contributor I

Oh sorry yes I got a response from an Intel Sales representative that it was supported for the device and software we use.

0 Kudos