Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Cyclone V E Instantiating Multiple ASMI Blocks

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In our project we are wanting to utilize the "Altera Remote Update" IP to load secondary application images from an EPCQ device. In this IP there is an option to enable POF checking such that this secondary image is verified before being loaded. The POF checking option requires the instantiation of an ASMI Parallel Block to interface with the EPCQ device. However, also in our project is a QSYS block that instantiates an EPCQ controller which instantiates an additional ASMI Parallel Block. When running the fitter with the design, I get the error "Found 2 SPI Blocks in design -- only one SPI block is allowed". I am wondering if anyone knows of a way for these two functionalities to coexist on the same device, or a scheme to somehow mux the EPCQ control signals from the epcq controller and the remote update blocks. The issue is that the ASMI block instantiated by the EPCQ controller does not give access to these ASMI signals. 

Attached are images of the QSYS instantiation of the epcq controller and resource utilization page.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

In our project we are wanting to utilize the "Altera Remote Update" IP to load secondary application images from an EPCQ device. In this IP there is an option to enable POF checking such that this secondary image is verified before being loaded. The POF checking option requires the instantiation of an ASMI Parallel Block to interface with the EPCQ device. However, also in our project is a QSYS block that instantiates an EPCQ controller which instantiates an additional ASMI Parallel Block. When running the fitter with the design, I get the error "Found 2 SPI Blocks in design -- only one SPI block is allowed". I am wondering if anyone knows of a way for these two functionalities to coexist on the same device, or a scheme to somehow mux the EPCQ control signals from the epcq controller and the remote update blocks. The issue is that the ASMI block instantiated by the EPCQ controller does not give access to these ASMI signals. 

Attached are images of the QSYS instantiation of the epcq controller and resource utilization page.  

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

I meet the same problem, the pof check function of remoteupdate and serial flash controller both need access to the AS pins, but the serial flash controller does not have the option to export the AS pins out, have solved it?
0 Kudos