Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Cyclone V GX: PLL on LVDS banks & fPLL

PascalPolygon
Novice

Hello guys,

I am looking to implement DP to MIPI DSI using the Cyclone V GX. I will need to synthesize the MIPI pixel clock from the DP stream using the fPLL. As I have 2 DSI channels I will aslo need 2 PLL's (1/channel). Can the cyclone V GX handle this? Can I use a fPLL and 2 PLL's at the same time?

Regards,

Pascal. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascal

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Cyclone V device family contains fractional PLLs that can function as fractional PLLs or integer PLLs.
The output counters in Cyclone V devices are dedicated to each fractional PLL that support integer or
fractional frequency synthesis.

We can refer to Table 4 of doc below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_51001.pdf

Depends on which member code you are using, there are multiple number of fPLLs can be used.

You can refer to doc below for more Cyclone V PLL information:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_5v2.pdf

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
PascalPolygon
Novice

@EngWei_O_Intel 

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible to use a mixture of fPLL and integer PLL in the same design?

Regards,

Pascal.

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascal

Yes you can.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascal

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
PascalPolygon
Novice

Hello @EngWei_O_Intel 

I think you answered my question. Thank you.

0 Kudos