Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20920 Discussions

Cyclone-V SOC development kit not working properly

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Cyclone-V SOC development kit is not working properly:(, can anyone tell me how can I check the device?:confused: 

The problem I'm getting is that while downloading the program(.sof File) to the kit, the downloading gets failed, if I give "auto detect" an error message displays as "Unable to scan device chain. Can't scan JTAG chain. Do you want to open the JTAG chain debugger to troubleshoot the JTAG chain?". 

Please anybody help me out with this problem.:mellow:
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First is the board powered on?.. (I know but I have to ask) 

Second, check the clock and data pins of the jtag header with a logic analizer or oscope to make sure they are toggling. 

If you are getting data on both the TDO and TDI pins, look at the CLK pin closer. Try adding a 10-30 ohm resistor in series to better match the line impedence, because it may be you are getting reflections causing the jtag to be double clocked. 

If you are not getting anything, start checking all the power supplies on the board, to make sure all of them are up and at their nominal voltage. 

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok. one last think. depending on the board, some have jumpers that must be set for the jtag versus other programming operations, make sure those are correct.

0 Kudos