Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Cyclone V SoC GPIO strange behaviour

yaminov
Beginner

Hi!

We have board with Cyclone V SoC. FPGA is loading from HPS side, and there is strange behaviour of GPIO on bank 5A: bank is powered by 2.5V but measured voltage on bank pins is 1.7V.  But when I load FPGA by JTAG the voltage becomes as it should be on used pins (0 or 2.5V depending on FPGA logic) and stay 1.7V on unused pins.  Other banks are seems to be good.

Also when FPGA loaded from HPS the chip becomes hot. It looks like latch-up in GPIO of bank.

Is GPIO or bank broken?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am sorry that you are facing this problem. Do you have access to other FPGAs to see if it has the same problem? There are a few possibilites why your FPGA becomes hot. This has been discussed on this forum on this link. Please refer to this link and try the workaround suggested.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos