Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

D5M not working with DE1-SoC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, hopefully this is the right place to post this. 

I am working on a project using the DE1-SoC that will be implementing image processing. I am using the D5M camera and Quartus II software. I downloaded the DE1_D5M project (http://www.codeforge.com/article/236879) and changed it up so that the pins match up with DE1-SoC. I don't get any errors, just two critical warnings saying that timing requirements are not met and a few other warnings. The code compiles and is able to be uploaded to the board. However, the monitor does not display anything after I have connected the VGA cable. Has anyone gotten this to work for the DE1-SoC? And if so how did you modify the original file? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In rar-archive on link is present "DE1_D5M.sof". It is for your board ? 

You may use it direct without changing sources ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually got it all up and working. If you email their tech support, they will send you a version of the code that works for the DE1-SoC. Its just not on their site 

Thanks anyways though:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Actually got it all up and working. If you email their tech support, they will send you a version of the code that works for the DE1-SoC. Its just not on their site 

Thanks anyways though:) 

--- Quote End ---  

I haven't had the same luck with tech support. Can you please send me what they sent you?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I haven't had the same luck with tech support. Can you please send me what they sent you? 

--- Quote End ---  

Same Problem here can u share your Qsys file with me ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can u share it with me?

0 Kudos