Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

DDR2 QSYS IP Differential Pair DQS DQS_N Outputs Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using the DDR2 SDRAM Controller with UNIPHY in qsys, I have instantiated the ddr controller instance in qsys and have generated the qsys. I am using VHDL. 

The component declaration for the qsys has a dqs and dqs_n pin. I have created a dqs and dqs_n pin in my top level file. When I go to the pin planner and assign dqs it auto generates the dqs(n) pin and assigns it to the correct pin that is the other differential pair pin. 

How should I connect this in my VHDL. Should I assign both of the component instance outputs to dqs? will quartus interpret this correctly? Or should I create both a dqs and dqs_n pin and assign them another way? 

example: 

ENTITY example IS PORT ( dqs : INOUT std_logic; --**these are the pins that I made to map to the qsys component outputs dqs_n : INOUT std_logic ); END ENTITY; ARCHITECTURE eg OF example IS --qsys component with ddr2 COMPONENT qsys_component IS PORT ( dqs : INOUT std_logic; --** these are created by the qsys component dqs_n : INOUT std_logic ); END COMPONENT; BEGIN --instance of qsys example_instance : qsys_component PORT MAP ( dqs => dqs, --** is this correct? dqs_n => dqs_n --** should this instead be dqs_n => dqs for the pin planner? ); END ARCHITECTURE;  

Thanks 

James
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

bump 

anyone have any ideas?  

Thanks 

James
0 Kudos