Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20691 Discussions

DS-5 launching the debugger from the command-line console

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo, every one:  

I have a big Problem to ask here and i need your help: 

We use the Altera Cyclone V SOC(Cortex A9) Chip in our project. 

Wenn we work under DS-5. with Debug directly in DS-5 there is no Problem, but i want with DS-5 Command Prompt using "debugger" command to debug our Chip, so i have found some info: 

-> debugger --target --script ... 

so what should i do with th targt Option? i have tryed with our gdbserver(127.0.0.1:3010), but it do not worked, then i must use a RVC file or what(how can i get the RVC file)? Could someone help me? 

Thanks a lot, Guys! 

MfG! 

wenguo hu
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi wenguo, 

May I know what is the hardware you used? I have a complete working headless command set and I think I can help you on this. First you must tell me what hardware (Chipset and Hardware debugger - USB Blaster or DStream).  

Regards 

Yong
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi wenguo, 

May I know what is the hardware you used? I have a complete working headless command set and I think I can help you on this. First you must tell me what hardware (Chipset and Hardware debugger - USB Blaster or DStream).  

Regards 

Yong 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, Yong: 

The Chipset we use Altera Cyclone V and Hardware Debugger is Altera USB-Blaster 

actually we wanne under DS-5 with USB-Blaster to create a .rvc File, but ARM Support says that not worked, one must with DSTREAM. So do u konw onthers Software with that we wanne only our Software Code in Hardware Memory to flashen. 

Regards 

Wenguo Hu
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, Yong: 

The Chipset we use Altera Cyclone V and Hardware Debugger is Altera USB-Blaster 

actually we wanne under DS-5 with USB-Blaster to create a .rvc File, but ARM Support says that not worked, one must with DSTREAM. So do u konw onthers Software with that we wanne only our Software Code in Hardware Memory to flashen. 

Regards 

Wenguo Hu 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Wenguo, 

Sorry I just saw your post because all the Altera Forum email being treated as spam. I hope I am still helpful to you. If I am not mistaken, you want to work with your USB-Blaster under DS-5 but ARM support claim that you must use DSTREAM.  

I managed to work with USB Blaster and USB Blaster II too. 

Please let me know if you want to use your USB Blaster hardware and uses DS-5 to flash/debug the chip. It is do able. 

Regards 

Yong
0 Kudos