Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

“Dedicated reference clock pin” and “RX reference clock pin”

Fresh_Leon
New Contributor I

Dear,

In Arria 10 datasheet.

I found two reference clock input pin. One is "Dedicated reference clock pin" and the other is "RX reference clock pin".

I am wondering, which one is in transceiver bank, and which one is in normal bank ?

Thanks.

Leon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry for late response as I was getting clarification on your request.

Both the pins are in transceiver bank as described below:

1. Dedicated reference clock – this is the dedicated refclk pin for XCVR. In the pin connection guideline, its name is REFLKC_GXB
2. RX reference clock pin – this is transceiver RX channel where it can be used as refclk pin as well. You can find the pin with names i.e GXB_RX, GXB_REFCLK_CH in the pin connection guideline.

Reference to pin connection guideline:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/wtw1404286459773.html

Thanks.

Eng Wei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry for late response as I was getting clarification on your request.

Both the pins are in transceiver bank as described below:

1. Dedicated reference clock – this is the dedicated refclk pin for XCVR. In the pin connection guideline, its name is REFLKC_GXB
2. RX reference clock pin – this is transceiver RX channel where it can be used as refclk pin as well. You can find the pin with names i.e GXB_RX, GXB_REFCLK_CH in the pin connection guideline.

Reference to pin connection guideline:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/wtw1404286459773.html

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Leon

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

You can help to set closure to this case if there is no further request needed.

Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos