Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20765 Discussions

Device Files not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have Quartus II Web Edition installed(v 13.1.0) 64-bit version.I have it installed on a Windows 7 system. I have downloaded device files for the web edition and tried installing them with the device installer. The device installer fails to find the device files even if I choose the right directory. I have tried placing the devices files in multiple folders and no matter what directory I specify I am returned the same error message : can't find Quartus II web edition device files. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Rather than within Quartus, I've had better luck using the device installer from the windows start menu. Start->All Programs->Altera 13.1..->Quartus II Web Edition...->Quartus II device installer. Do this while Quartus is not running.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Rather than within Quartus, I've had better luck using the device installer from the windows start menu. Start->All Programs->Altera 13.1..->Quartus II Web Edition...->Quartus II device installer. Do this while Quartus is not running. 

--- Quote End ---  

I did do it from the device installer in the start menu. In fact I can't do it from Quartus anyway as it directs me to use the device installer from the start menu. Also, I have tried it with Quartus open and with Quartus Closed. I don't get why it can't find the .qdz file when they are defnitely there in the folder I specify.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem Solved. My mistake. Turns out I was downloading device files for the wrong version of Quartus. missed the little drop down menu which had 14.0 selected as the default. Sorry for the trouble.

0 Kudos