Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Device speed grade

Mateusz1
Beginner

Hello

Is there a way to check device speed grade from software? 
For example something like "Chip ID Intel IP". I cant check speed grade from device package. 
Can i get it in some way from device registers (if its there)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Nope, not available. The JTAG ID encodes the specific device family and size (number of cells), and number of I/Os (package type, sometimes). Speed grade and temperature grade are not encoded. They are determined after the die is packaged and tested.

You could do that yourself if you wanted to add specific registers for your application that encode such info, but it will not be available on unprogrammed parts direct from the factory.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Nope, not available. The JTAG ID encodes the specific device family and size (number of cells), and number of I/Os (package type, sometimes). Speed grade and temperature grade are not encoded. They are determined after the die is packaged and tested.

You could do that yourself if you wanted to add specific registers for your application that encode such info, but it will not be available on unprogrammed parts direct from the factory.

AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Mateusz,

Alternative solution, I would recommend you to check on the device overview document for specific family device. From there, you can see the speed grade for the device based on the Device Packaging Ordering Information.

Mateusz1
Beginner

Thanks for answers!

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos