Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

Does present Altera/software still support EOL’d CPLD EPM240T100C5N?

Andy_EatonTripp
Beginner

We (Eaton Tripp Lite) currently use Intel/Altera CPLD EPM240T100C5N along with Micron # PC28F512P33TFA.

We are looking to change from MICRON #PC28F512P33TFA to PC28F512P33BFD.

But for our product’s system proper operation, the CPLD program and JTAG software must be modified in order to accept the replacement part.

We need to verify that the present Altera/Intel software still supports EOL’d CPLD EPM240T100C5N.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Quick answer, no latest Quartus software does not support MaxII series. You need to download Quartus 13.0sp1.

For future reference, you can go here:   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

and under the software selector, choose 'Select by Device' and you can choose a device family and see the latest Quartus version that supports it.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Whoops, my bad. I recalled (incorrectly) that EPM240 series was a Cyclone II part as opposed to actually be a Max II series part.

Max II is fully supported (per the above page) in version 20.1.1, which is a very recent release.

Max || was is supported in Quartus 13.0sp1 as well, it is the oldest version downloadable from Altera/Intel now.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

And by the way Intel/Altera it still sucks that you can't go back and delete or edit one of your old posts to fix errors.

I used to be able to do that here, but no longer. You are as bad as twitter except worse since I can't even delete a post.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

I think editing a post is not an issue. Probably you need to login your account in order to edit yours. I am closing this thread. Cheers.

0 Kudos