Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Drop in replacement for M25P32, will the AT25SF321B work?

SSmit7
Novice

Hello

The M25P32 has become obsolete and before we can replace it on existing designs, we need a drop-in replacement for the device. We are currently using the M25P32-VMW6TG, and we want to replace it with the Adesto AT25SF321B-SHB-T. Is this a suitable replacement or will there any issues that I should be aware of.

Note, I have checked footprint and pin compatibility already which seem to be compatible. My main concern is that existing drivers (and programming files) can be used with these devices for FPGA configuration. Thank you in advance.

Stu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your clarification. Micron and Macronix are the 3rd party flash that we are supporting only as we have tested and proven working fine with our FPGA.

You may use other flash as well but you need to do your own assessment and use it with your own risk. If it is working fine previously, I don't see any point of not working.

Thanks You.

Regards,

Bruce

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May i know which FPGA device was connecting with M25P32 previously?

Adesto AT25SF321B-SHB-T is not suitable as our FPGA is supporting only MICRON and MACRONIX configuration device.

https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/products/programmable/configuration-device.html

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
SSmit7
Novice

Hi there.

The page that you directed me to does not reference 32Mbit devices and Micron no longer makes 32Mbit devices.

We have successfully used the M25P32 with Cyclone 3, Cyclone 4 and Cyclone V devices. The Adesto device that I referred to is nearly identical to the M25P32 in virtually every way. Can you tell me why you do not believe that it will work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stu

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your clarification. Micron and Macronix are the 3rd party flash that we are supporting only as we have tested and proven working fine with our FPGA.

You may use other flash as well but you need to do your own assessment and use it with your own risk. If it is working fine previously, I don't see any point of not working.

Thanks You.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
SSmit7
Novice

Hi there

Thanks for the input.

I have accepted the previous answer as the solution.

Regards,

0 Kudos