Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

ECCN for N5X eASIC

BDTempe
Beginner

I am looking for the ECCN for the N5X (previously known as Diamond Mesa) device.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

For ECCN/export related, kindly email to below address:

export.classification@intel.com

Please expect a response for 2 or 3 working days.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for re-open the case. This case was close previously due to no update respond.

Can you please let me know the exact device number for N5X that needed ECCN?

Have you also try to email the export team once again?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BDTempe
Beginner

Hello Aiman,

Original request was 10/15. Response was a request for MM# or SPEC code or OPN which I don't have (10/17).  I responded 10/18 letting them know I did not have that information.  10/19 a request to provide an Intel webpage for N5X.  10/19 I sent the top level weblink on the Intel website for the N5x.  10/25 sent a request for up to see if export had the information.  Was sent a link to 

1. Go to http://ark.intel.com
  2. Enter the product
  3. Go to ORDERING / SPECS / STEPPINGS to find the trade information

Export Classification

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/export-compliance.html

Neither of these sites has the N5X listed as a product.  I originally stated that N5X is a new product for Intel.  

I receive the following standard reply but no further replies from Export.

Hi Bryan,

Please be advised that we are working on collecting the information requested. We will provide an update once we have the information.

Thank you.

Fathi Hashim

Trade Facilitation (Contingent Worker)

Worldwide Trade Operations | International Trade Group

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It sounds like our team is collecting the information requested from the e-mail you sent. May I know how long since the last respond and could you do a follow-up e-mail? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you also provide the specific MM# (Master Material Number) on which N5X that need ECCN? So that we can provide accurate information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BDTempe
Beginner
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response as I was on leave last week.

Upon checking with the export team, there is no ECCN for the base array, as there is no export necessary as part of the eASIC business process.

Hope this will clarify. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BDTempe
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for checking, this is an interesting response as Intel’s FPGA base arrays have ECCN numbers assigned but do not contain any customer specific information.

So if a customer uses an eASIC part and does not include anything that would be considered covered by export control then his entire design being fab’d and manufactured overseas would not need an ECCN number in spite of the fact that it contains encryption technology with a key strength of 256 bits.

If the customer would need an ECCN number for that design, wouldn’t that be considered equivalent to a “base array” export as the customer has not added anything to the design and cannot remove the section that would be considered covered by export control.

If Intel is leaving it up to all eASIC customers to manage the export control process regardless of content, then it would be helpful to be up front and say that is the case. Right now there seems to be an  inconsistency in the approach between FPGA base arrays and eASIC base arrays.

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For all export related query, kindly email to export.classification@intel.com for further information.

I will proceed to close this case.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos