Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

EP1S20F484I6N

BXion2
Novice

Acoustic Image.png

Intel bought Altera. Based on CSAM testing what would be the tolerance for "Voids" on these devices? If Void is not within specs, what effective would it have on the device's functions?

Urgent!, If anyone knows please let me know. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello BXion2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Your query will be best answered by our Field programmable array support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team to further assist you.

Best regards,

Victor G

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Kindly refer to reliability report for further information on quality reliability of the device.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rr/rr.pdf

Information for EP1S20F484I6N is limited as the device was obsolete few years back.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BXion2
Novice

oK it's obselete but the principal is still the same. Remember I don't work at Intel.

I still don't see the "answer" to what is the acceptable "void" for this device?

In percentage or what? After you've reviewed the CSAM results, would this be a

"PASS" by Intel? If it "FAIL", what would cause it? and Would it result in any "Electrical" functions to "FAIL".

Urgent!, I'm running out of time. Wish to close case out ASAP, Many thanks!!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please be noted that I am currently checking this with our internal team. I will get back to you once I received the information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

After further checking with our Quality team, sorry to tell you that we cannot judge by just the CSAM images below whether it will pass/fail “voids” criteria as there are many factors involved that we are not aware of regarding this part to make any judgement.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BXion2
Novice

After reviewing the info provided "Voids" are present on these type of devices but back to my original question, How do you know how much "void" is consider pass or fail? Can the amount of "Void" change over time? If so, what affect will it affect the device?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The amount of void should not change over time.

This is ATK’s control for void: Reject - If void > 10% of die size.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos