Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

EP2C8F256I8 EOL?

MN
Beginner

I'm looking for an update for the lifecycle of EP2C8F256I8 and EP2C8F256I8N.

It is my understanding that there is a current shortage issue of this component, but want to make sure it is a temporary issue and the product has not reached a EOL.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Community.

EP2C8F256I8 and EP2C8F256I8N part status are still active.

However, we would recommend you to move to later devices which are Cyclone IV, Cyclone V and Cyclone 10 for new designs implementation. You can check out the details on these Cyclone series through below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/cyclone.html

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MN
Beginner

Thank you for the quick response. Is there any way you can provide me with names for approved distributors who have stock available?

I want to complete a last time buy to take the time to update our design to work with the cyclone series.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Distributor stock? Not likely.

Digikey:  "0 In Stock - Due to temporary constrained supply, Digi-Key is unable to accept backorders at this time."

Arrow: "No stock available. Lead time 24 weeks."

Mouser:  "Non-stocked. Obtain a quote to verify the availability of this part number from the manufacturer."

You may find low volume 'scalpers' selling questionable parts for a hefty markup.

No stock in approved distributors. Welcome to 2022.

AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can also regularly refer to the Intel Authorized Distributor (IAD) list depending on where you are located from the link below:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor?language=en_US

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos