Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

EP2S60F1020I4N laser marking

PFili4
Beginner

Hi Intel team,

1) Can U pls help with the "EP2S60F1020I4N" I want to purchase this device and I need the package "option 2" page 160 ( https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ds/pkgds.pdf) I asked Mouser, but they don't know what package they will send me, and what I need to write to get the package I need. Pls help.

2) I need the Laser marking on this devices. There is the doc: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pcn/adv1202.pdf There is written: "Altera continues to maintain ink mark as a qualified process and will use when applicable" Could I still get the parts marked with ink (2019 year of manufacturing)? I need only laser marked parts.

Best regards and thank U.

Paolo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

1- I am checking this with our internal team and will get back to you once i got the finding.

2- As mention in ADV1202, Altera(Intel) have been using laser marking since 2013, hence customer will receive laser marking device starting then.

Do let me know if you need further information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
PFili4
Beginner

Hi Aim,

thank U a lot for your answer.

1) - I will wait, thank U. Mouser and Digi Key said, that they have only "option 2" package. - Does the "option 1" package still relevant?

2) - Your answer did not help me. I know that, the customer will have received laser marking since 2013.

But what about the ink marking? "Altera continues to maintain ink mark as a qualified process and will use when applicable" - Does it still relevant? - Does it mean that it's possible that I will get the parts with ink marking with 2018/2019/2020 date of manufacturing?

Or not?

it's what the question is.

I need only laser marking, but as mentioned in ADV1202, that Altera can sell me ink marked parts without my consent.

Best regards and thank U.

Paolo.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Paolo,

I do understand your concern regarding the ink marking. Let me confirm this with the respective team that handle the ADV1202 and i will keep you updated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Paolo,

I just received a confirmation regarding your queries.

1. For EP2S60F1020I4N, only option 2 is available to be purchase now.
  2. ADV1202 was created many years ago, hence Intel should not invested in doing ink marking now. Every latest devices only used laser marking.

I hope this clarify your queries. Please inform me if you need further information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos