Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

EP3C5M164I7N

katy1
Beginner

hi all

during the allocation period i have bought pn EP3C5M164I7N  andsent to lab for testing.

the Lab experties could not verify the authencity of the item because of the side top marking and the top marking does not comply with altera top marking rules.

the question is how can we verify that the item is authentic?

please see piucture attached

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

(1) that is not a picture attached, it is an Intel/Altera .pdf document PCN1604

(2) did you buy the CycloneIII part from an Intel authorized distributor, or a second hand reseller of unknown veracity?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry to let you know that, we do not provide part marking verification in order to avoid the devices from grey market.

Intel PSG has its authorized distributor to sale Intel devices. If you got the devices from formal distributors, you shouldn’t worry on the device authenticity as the devices must be valid units. Otherwise, we do not ensure the device quality and do not provide the further service. You may find the authorized distributor list from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
katy1
Beginner

hi 

i have attached the photo of the item, i need to know the meening of the top side marking

0 Kudos