Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

EPF10K100A

BenBeauchamp
Beginner

I have a question about an old Altera PLD that I have in one of my designs. My design currently has an EPF10K100A PLD in the 240 pin RQFP package. Do I need to recompile my code and generate a new programming file if I want to change to the EPF10K100A PLD in the 484 pin FBGA package? I understand that I would need to map the I/O from the 240 pin RQFP to the 484 pin FBGA device on my board. As long as I correctly map the I/O, can I reuse the same programming file? If both parts leverage the same die, but are just bonded out differently depending on the package, I would think that this should work. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Benjamin Beauchamp

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For the programming files to be compatible to each other, the devices must be of same package and density.

Are the SRAM Object Files (.sof) within the FLEX device family... (intel.com)

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos