Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

EPF6016TC144-3

RDiva
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to open an old design used on EPF6016TC144-3 with Max Plus 2 and I get this error which is attached. We are yet to renew our license and I am using my 2020 license which works fine on Quartus. Is there a way I can open them in Maxplus 2? And what is this error?

Thanks,

Divakar 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

The license you used is tied to the host ID 7c050791e336 while the machine you are using is different. 

Does your Quartus license.dat file have below feature maxplus2 or maxplus2web? If not, the license file does not have maxplus2 license.

FEATURE maxplus2web alterad 2021.08 15-aug-2021 uncounted

You could try to generate a free license for MAX PLUS II through here. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/licensing/lic-max2baseline.html

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The license you used is tied to the host ID 7c050791e336 while the machine you are using is different. 

Does your Quartus license.dat file have below feature maxplus2 or maxplus2web? If not, the license file does not have maxplus2 license.

FEATURE maxplus2web alterad 2021.08 15-aug-2021 uncounted

You could try to generate a free license for MAX PLUS II through here. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/licensing/lic-max2baseline.html

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RDiva
Novice

Thank you!

I have requested the license file. In the meantime, if you have a link to download the Maxplus installation files (In case my PC dies), please provide me a link or a copy.

0 Kudos
RDiva
Novice

I did get the license file but it is still giving the same error. Please see the attached license file. Is there a way I can uninstall and reinstall Maxplus?

0 Kudos
RDiva
Novice

I had the installation file so I uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't work. Same error.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Which machine you are using? Could you help to share the machine specification? e.g. Operating System, RAM Size, Memory Usage

fyi, the Max Plus II software has been obsolete so the public would not be able to download the software anymore. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RDiva
Novice
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Is your machine host ID "ffffffff0000" ? Then you should request the license with the respective host ID. The license you attached seems to be for host ID "7c050791" which I don't think is a valid one. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan