Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

EPM7128E read and programming

mmAMC7
Novice

Thanks for your quick response
Are you referring to the security fuse? yes i am referring to it.
Quetion:
If the security fuse is set, We wouldn't can get read and store the pogramming from the chip when we use the number EPM7128S in steap of EPM7128E??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi sir,

Apologize that i dont understand the inquiry. Can you please clarify further?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
mmAMC7
Novice

Yes my pleasure, We are fixing electronics cards, these cards have a IC EPM7128E that we cannot read.
It seems that we have no the right equipment to read those chips.
or
The Chip has a protection buts even we will can read that the EPM7128E has protection to avoid the read.
We can read the Chip EPM7128E as EPM7128S but accordinf your answere we should do it

Is there some way to read an EPM712E that has a protection??

Thanks

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

You keep posting the same question in different forum headings.

(1) If the chip you have is marked EPM7128E AND it has its security fuse set, you CANNOT read it. End of story. You can ONLY erase and reprogram it. In any event you will need a programmer that handles the device (like the EEtools TopMax series) with the CORRECT PLCC84 adapter. The -E device can only be programmed out of circuit.

(2) You can't arbitrarily try and access the device as an EPM7128S (which is JTAG, in-circuit programmable) if the chip is marked EPM7128E. The -S series is an updated version of the -E series which has JTAG in-circuit programmability.

0 Kudos