Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Error: The -novopt option has no effect on this product

Enid_
Beginner

I first downloaded the latest version of Quartus Prime Lite edition, after runing the simulation wave form editor, I got this error 

Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) The -novopt option has no effect on this product. -novopt option is now deprecated and will be removed in future releases.

# Error loading design

under

**** Running the ModelSim simulation ****

Then I deleted this version and downloaded version 20.1 and I got this error again.

I didn't find any similar case on the internet.

by the way,

*I used the block diagram first and the compilation was successful then I  run the simulation wave form editor.

*My modelSim version is also 20.1.

*The program couldn't find the path to ModelSim at first, so I changed the modelsim path from Tools -> Options -> EDAtools, the path is changed to C:\intelFPGA\20.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem.

*I am using a MacBook and have installed Quartus in BOOTCAMP. My project file is located in the Onedrive folder.

The whole result:-----------------------------------------------------------------------

**** Running the ModelSim simulation ****

C:/intelFPGA/20.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/vsim -c -do adder4.do

Reading pref.tcl

# 2020.1

# do adder4.do

# ** Warning: (vlib-34) Library already exists at "work".

# Model Technology ModelSim - Intel FPGA Edition vlog 2020.1 Compiler 2020.02 Feb 28 2020

# Start time: 22:53:50 on Jan 08,2023

# vlog -work work adder4.vo

# -- Compiling module adder4

#

# Top level modules:

# adder4

# End time: 22:53:50 on Jan 08,2023, Elapsed time: 0:00:00

# Errors: 0, Warnings: 0

# Model Technology ModelSim - Intel FPGA Edition vlog 2020.1 Compiler 2020.02 Feb 28 2020

# vlog -work work Waveform1.vwf.vt

# -- Compiling module adder4_vlg_vec_tst

#

# Top level modules:

# adder4_vlg_vec_tst

# End time: 22:53:50 on Jan 08,2023, Elapsed time: 0:00:00

# Errors: 0, Warnings: 0

# vsim -novopt -c -t 1ps -L cyclonev_ver -L altera_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L 220model_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_lnsim_ver work.adder4_vlg_vec_tst

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) The -novopt option has no effect on this product. -novopt option is now deprecated and will be removed in future releases.

# Error loading design

Error loading design

# End time: 22:53:51 on Jan 08,2023, Elapsed time: 0:00:01

# Errors: 1, Warnings: 0

Error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In the Simulation Waveform Editor, go to Simulation -> Simulation Settings. Next, delete -novopt to bypass the problem.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In the Simulation Waveform Editor, go to Simulation -> Simulation Settings. Next, delete -novopt to bypass the problem.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
Enid_
Beginner

Thank you so much !!! The problem is solved!

0 Kudos
NourBadra
Beginner
Hello , i did this and the output doesn't come only shows x
0 Kudos