Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

[ Error ] hw_library.iipx , sw_library.iipx files missing when generating HDL on Platform designer.

AdityaJain
Beginner

Hi, 

When I try generating the HDL for my system on Platform designer, it throws 3 errors.

1.  Error: Missing file
/home/u88911/intelFPGA_pro/21.2/nios2eds/hw_library.iipx 

2. Error: Missing file
/home/u88911/intelFPGA_pro/21.2/nios2eds/sw_library.iipx

3. Error: Unknown device family Unknown

I am not using NIOS, but Platform designer still seems to be throwing these errors.

I have also set  Cyclone 10 GX [ 10CX085YF672EG ] as the device family and the Platform designer is able to retrieve this when I open the project, but I still get the "device family Unknown "  error.

I am currently using Quartus Prime Pro ( ver. 21.2.0.72 )

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Well that's weird.  Did you add IP targeted to a different device family than the one you are using?  This is possible if the filter in the IP Catalog in Platform Designer is changed.

Other than that, a reinstall of Quartus and C10GX device family may be in order.

0 Kudos
AdityaJain
Beginner

Oh yes, I think I have added an IP which is targeted for Arria 10 and not Cyclone 10 ( 2 IPs, the rest are Cyclone 10 ). Is there a way I can change the target device to Arria 10 for my project? 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If you're using a Cyclone 10 device as the target for your project, why would you want to change the target device to Arria 10?  Instead of doing that, delete the A10 IP and re-add it to the design as a Cyclone 10 GX IP.  If this IP is something unique to A10, you won't be able to bring it to C10GX.

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi AdityaJain,

Kindly do let me know if your issue have been addressed or if you have any further query on this. Thanks.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Since a solution has been provided and did not receive any feedback from you, I shall set his case to close pending.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Thank you.

0 Kudos