Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Error in linking SOPC buider system file with eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I have successfully generated a system in SOPC builder but when I open eclipse to program Nios II processor present in SOPC design following error prompts 

"SOPC Builder system file does not contain an enabled Nios II CPU" 

Moreover I get the following warning while doing compilation in quartus II  

Warning: Can't generate programming files for project because design file "C:/altera/90/quartus/Proj_helloworld/Proj_helloworld/incremental_db/compiled_partitions/Proj_Qsys.root_partition.map.atm" is encrypted. It does not have license file support that allows generation of programming files. 

Has this warning something to do with aforementioned error? Kindly help me resolving this error.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm a little confused. You mention SOPC Builder (which is ancient and deprecated) and it looks like you are using Quartus 9.0 for some reason. But the path you posted mentions Qsys, which is what you should be using. What device are you targeting and what edition of Quartus are you using? Also, if you are using anything other than the economy version of Nios, you need a separate license line.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually I don't have Qsys in Quartus 9.0 that's why I was using SOPC Builder. And I am using NIOS II IDE for programming which was provided to me in CD along with Altera DE2 development board. I don't know if it is economy version or not?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Double-click the Nios II component in SOPC Builder to open its parameter editor. If it's anything other than economy, it needs a license.

0 Kudos