Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Examine CFI device and save data by command line

leonidK
Novice

Hello,

I'd like to examine a CFI device and save data (POF or HEX) by command line like for chain device.

c:\intelFPGA_pro\18.1\qprogrammer\bin64\quartus_pgm -c "USB-BlasterII [USB-1]" -m JTAG -o e;CPLD_U25_dump.pof;EPM2210

or through CDF file.

How it can be done?

pic1.jpg

0 Kudos
17 Replies
leonidK
Novice

A bit of help, please...

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

I'm still looking into this, at the meantime could you check the KDB below and see if it is applicable to your question?

How can I use command line (quartus_pgm) to program a CFI flash device via the Parallel Flash Loader (PFL) megafunction in a MAX II or MAX V CPLD?

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

Hello,

Sorry, but it not exactly I need.

I able to execute all operations (erase, program, examine, verify) with a command line or using CDF file.

The problem is to save examined data for CFI device automatically as well.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

We are consulting engineering on this request. We will provide the answer asap.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

I'm looking forward for your answer.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

Sorry for the delay. It should be similar to this > -o e;file.pof;device_name -o ei;file.jic;device_name

Have you tried this one? You can refer in Quartus II Scripting Reference Manual - Intel

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

I tried. It works for device in JTAG chain, but doesn't work for CFI device.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

My apologies. I'm still waiting for a response from the internal expert.

Let me follow up with them and get back to you.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

Hello Fakhrul,

Please check the issue a.s.a.p.

I need to know is it possible or no.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

My apologies for the delay in response. We had trouble accessing the platform to reply to the community forum on our end earlier this week. I just received feedback from one of the SMEs on this issue. Apparently, he said that this is a legacy device that needs some time for them to check it and escalation might be required for this as well to speed up the process. The earliest answer would be around next week, I will try to update with you again if there's any response from them. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

We still have not received any feedback from the software .eng team on this issue. It seems currently they are busy with higher critical/priority issues on their hand. I have filed an escalation regarding this issue and will be waiting for the feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice
0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi leonidK,

I noticed that you are using Quartus 18.1. Based on the information I received internally, there is an issue in the CFI flash examination using the command line in 18.1.

In 18.1, the programmer is able to execute the examine operation but it didn't save the examined data into a POF file.

In 19.1, we fixed the issue where the programmer will automatically save the examined data into a POF file with default name of flash_examine.pof after the examine operation is completed. Hence, I would advise you to use Quartus 19.1.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

Thank you.

I'll try it.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Please be advised that due to the absence of a response from you regarding the previous notification we provided, we will be transitioning this thread to community support. If you have any new questions or concerns, we kindly suggest opening a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. However, if you do not have any further inquiries, the community users will be available to assist you on this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice

Hello,

I tried to work with Quartus 19.1 and now have a following problem.

Please look attached image.

The system has not recognized a CFI device S29GL256P.

What right name of the device?

FPI Examine problem.jpg

0 Kudos
leonidK
Novice
0 Kudos