Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19315 Discussions

FMC Connectors on Arria 10 Development board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone used the FMC connector pins on the Arria 10 development board in a design ?? They use both LVDS and High Speed Differential I/O Standards. Even from the basic "golden_top" project file downloaded from the Altera site, with nothing edited, the compilation fails at the fitting stage due to it requiring "too many pins". 

I then took out everything in the design file that I didn't need to isolate the FMC connector and reduce the amount of pins and still received errors. 

The error I got was:  

Error(16234): No legal location could be found out of 1 considered location(s). Reasons why each location could not be used are summarized below:  

Error(184016): There were not enough differential input pin locations available (1 location affected)  

Info(175029): pin containing PIN_G11. Already placed at this location: pin fmcb_la_rx_p[7]  

Info(175015): The I/O pad fmcb_la_rx_p[7] is constrained to the location PIN_G11 due to: User Location Constraints (PIN_G11)  

Info(14709): The constrained I/O pad is contained within this pin  

Info(175015): The I/O pad fmcb_la_rx_n[7] is constrained to the location PIN_G12 due to: User Location Constraints (PIN_G12)  

Info(14709): The constrained I/O pad is contained within this pin 

There were 64 instances of this error. 

Does anyone know the resolution to this error? This is on a Quartus project file straight from the Altera site, before I even use my proposed design. 

I am using Quartus version 16.1.
0 Kudos
0 Replies