Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

FPGA MAX10 in "User-Mode" indication

Amir21
Novice

Hi,

I'm using DPRs in MAX10-FPGA and init their memory through .hex files.

In order to verify when the FPGA initialization process done,

I'm trying to use the "INIT_DONE" output pin for inidication to release the FPGA external reset signal.

Apparently, I can't find it and enable this pin (INIT_DONE) in Quartus 20.1.1 in the output options.

I'll be glad to know what other possibilities I can use in order to get inidcation for the FPGA enters into "User-Mode" ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you're looking for CONF_DONE, not INIT_DONE, which you have enabled there.

0 Kudos
Amir21
Novice
Hi,
Since in my design I'm using DPRs which initialized from HEX files, I need to know when the initialization process done.

I'm looking for any valid indication from the FPGA to indicate when it entered into 'USER-MODE' (initialization process finished).
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Well, check this guide to see what you need.  It's either conf_done, nStatus, or maybe through software: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

SStrell is correct. You can refer to CONF_DONE status to see if the FPGA has enter user mode.

Please refer to the MAX 10 UG as given by sstrell and you can also refer to MAX pin connection guidelines:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/PCG-01018.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Amir21
Novice
Hi,
That's exactly the issue..
The 'CONF_DONE' indication is not enough, I need to know when the initialization process has done..

I tried to find out from the spec how can I use the MAX10 'INIT_DONE' through the Quartus tool, with no success..
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since INIT_DONE is not mention in the User guide, then there is not INIT_DONE can be check.

The other option is, you can check the status of the I/O pin as per your design. In user mode, the user I/O pins will then function as specified by your design.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Amir21
Novice
Hi,
Sounds like a good idea, I will definitely try it.

In addition,
Any idea until when the FPGA reset should remain valid, when we use the DPR IP in my design?

Best Regards,
Aizik Amos.
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry but what is DPR IP?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Amir21
Novice
Hi,
I actually meant to the IP Component -
RAM: 2-Port

Best Regards,
Aizik Amos.
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please refer to Embedded Memory (RAM: 1-PORT, RAM: 2-PORT, ROM: 1-PORT, and ROM: 2-PORT) User Guide for information on RAM. Or you can open a new case for embedded memory questions.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ram_rom.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos