Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20691 Discussions

Fitter Error - Can't place I/O pin - Clock input pins

NShan12
New Contributor I

Hello,

My design uses the Cyclone 10 FPGA - 10CL040ZU484I8G. During fitter stage I get the error:

Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location T22 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location

Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location T21 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location
Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location AB12 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location
Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location AB11 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location
Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location T2 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location
Error (169057): Can't place I/O pin <clock input name> at pin location G21 -- I/O pin uses weak pullup, which is not supported by this pin location

These are 6 different clock inputs all assigned to clock input pins as seen in the screenshot. 

NShan12_0-1623228744144.png

Also have a look at pin settings..

NShan12_1-1623228836393.png

The fitter settings for "Weak pull-up Resistor" is "ON".

Making it "OFF" generates new errors on other pins complaining that pull up is disabled. So, this setting was turned "ON".

Please let me know the reason for this error and how to solve it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It seems like the pin locations you set do not support weak pull-up resistor. Please refer the guideline from this handbook and change your pin location assignment: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/c10lp-51003.pdf

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NShan12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I manually enabled/disabled pull ups for the pins in the pin planner. This was solved. Thank you! 

0 Kudos