Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

For Cyclone 10 LP can I use +1.8V or +3.3V VCCIO in a BANK where I connect an LVDS input?

ZSism
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Cyclone 10 LP 80k. I have an LVDS clock connected to the dedicated clock inputs of the FPGA. In the datasheet and connection guidelines I couldn't find which rail powers the differential input buffers.

I understand that for an LVDS output the BANK requires +2.5V VCCIO so that it can create appropriate common mode voltages. However I think for an LVDS input I am not sure if such a requirement exists since biasing etc is external and if input has a truly differential buffer then it should not need specific VCCIO just for receiving this signal.

I have two questions:

• Are LVDS input buffers of Cyclone 10LP powered by VCCINT as in the older Cyclones? Can I use 1.8V, 3.3V VCCIO in a BANK where I am also connecting an incoming LVDS signal?
  • I am using an LVDS clock to drive DIFFCLK_P, _N pins of a BANK. Does that BANK have to have +2.5V VCCIO?

Kind regards,

Zeki

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Zeki,

The LVDS of Cyclone 10 LP is only powered by 2.5V. It do not support VCCINT as in the older Cyclones.

In addition, only the I/O banks 1, 2, 4, and 6 support the LVDS(dedicated) I/O standard. 

Please refer below for more details:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/c10lp-51003.pdf

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos