Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

Functional Safety Data Package (FSDP)

USo00
Beginner

Hello,

If we purchased FSDPv5.0 (support for Quartus 17.0.2), would we need to pay separately if FSDPv6.0 (support for Quartus 19.1?) came out?

Quartus 19.1 works in Linux better (due to some library issues), so we'd like to be able to use 19.1, but we also want to purchase the FSDPv5.0 as there is a 50% promo now.

We are using a Max 10 in our preliminary design, but will likely change to Cyclone 10 LP for the next phase due to more flexibility with external configuration flash.

For example:

• We can use an MCU or DSP to update external configuration flash and recover from bad user code or corrupted flash without physical JTAG connection if we use Cyclone 10 LP.
  • With Max 10, RSU is possible, but we would always need to have the device running in User mode to support RSU, which means we would still need to a physical JTAG connection to load "factory default" user code which supports RSU in one of the CFMs. This way you can't recover without physical JTAG connection if there was a problem with the "factory default" user code or internal CFM.
  • With external configuration flash, there's no need to JTAG the FPGA internal CFM the very first time for a blank device or JTAG in the event of bad user code or corrupted flash.

Is the Cyclone 10 LP a qualified device that is supported in FSDPv5.0?

We were told by an Intel authorized primary distributor field application engineer that the Cyclone 10 LP is supported, but on the Intel Cyclone 10 LP website, there is a statement that the Cyclone 10 LP will be supported in a "future" release of FSDP and the FSDP brochure also does not list Cyclone 10 LP as a supported device.

There is very little details available on the Intel website regarding the FSDP.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonT_Intel

From this document, looks like the supported device is Cyclone V, IV, Arria V, Stratix V and MAX device only. But not for Cyclone 10 LP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

From Cyclone 10 LP device overview, I don't see it is included the FSDP. I believe it is not available.

However, for the availability about this data package, it is better to check with your local sales representative.

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

From this document, looks like the supported device is Cyclone V, IV, Arria V, Stratix V and MAX device only. But not for Cyclone 10 LP.

0 Kudos
USo00
Beginner

Thanks for the clarification.

I had looked at the document you referenced, but was told by the FAE that the Cyclone 10 LP was supported by FSDPv5.0, so I wanted to confirm with Intel.

I asked the FAE again and they said there is an update to FSDPv5.0 scheduled for Q2 2020 that will add the Cyclone 10 LP to the FSDP.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Thanks! And yes, the distributor has the more information about the future schedule. In this community, usually we only discussing the technical related issue. Any for this inquiry, we still try our best to get the documentation and show to you what we have currently.

0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

​Hi USo00,

As further confirmed from the respective team, Cyclone 10 LP is not certified for functional safety. FSDP Rev 5.0 qualified devices included Cyclone IV, Cyclone V, and Cyclone V SoC and other device families.

You are recommended to contact the Intel authorized distributors for the FSDP ordering.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos