Partner

Error 53: File not found epe_zlib_32bit.dll

It says contact Altera support. I am running Windows 10

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

​Hi Szack,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community. The Error 53 message may be due to the EPE DLL is missing.

Please download this:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/operation-and-testing/power/max-10-estimator-download.html

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner
Hi Chia, I tried the steps described in the link below but they didn’t help. I’m running the Office 365 ProPlus version of Excel using Windows 10. I attached the file settings screenshot in case any of the Protection settings is causing the problem. I can’t unprotect anything because I get prompted for a password. Steve Zack
0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Steve,

I'm using the Office 365 ProPlus version of Excel in Window 10, there is no issue for me to select the parameters of 'Main' sheet. You do not need to unprotect any worksheet but can direct enter the required information to the remaining spreadsheet such as Logic, IO, PLL, etc. The 'Thermal Power(mW)' of 'Main' sheet will be updated according to your input.

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner

I am unable to import a CSV file - this is my fundamental problem. I thought it was because of the error message I was receiving.

I was providing you my machine info because the EPE download page gave instructions for other versions of Excel and not the one I am using.

0 Kudos
ChiaLing_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Steve,

Could you please further confirm if you have select 'Enable all macros' because there is no issue for me to import a CSV file?

Goto Developer --> Marco Security --> Macro Settings --> Enable all macros.

Enclosed the working Max 10 EPE file for your reference.

Thank you

Regards,

Chia Ling

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner
Hi Chia, I just got our IT department to admit that the problem is with the security software on our machines. At first they were telling me the problem is that the spreadsheet has Windows incompatibilities. But a colleague was able to successfully open the spreadsheet on a personal laptop so that proved that the problem was with our security software. Steve
0 Kudos
JBrod9
Beginner

What are the parameters to change in windows security to make it work ! I have the same issue !

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner
With my company the issue was that our IT group blocked any instances where a DLL was being created, which is what the EPE does.
0 Kudos