Hi all ,
My name is İrfan. I am new to Simulink and Altera blocks.
I want to write the systems I use first.
1) Altera cyclone IV E (EP4CE6E22C8N)
2) Matlab R2015a and R2017b
3) Quartus II Web Edition 188.8.131.52 (64-bit)
I am using JTAG communication between fpga and matlab. At the beginning I applied the following respectively.
1) I defined the tool path using the "hdlsetuptoolpath" function. I checked the command line with " !quartus " and no problem.
2) Then, open the "HDL Workflow Advisor" window and select the synthesis tool, as "Altera Quartus II".
3) I chose the target workflow as " FPGA- in-the-Loop ". I wanted to create it myself with the "Create custom board" tab, since there is no fpga in the target platform list.
4) In the "Basic Information" tab, I selected the fpga and clicked "Next" to switch to the "interfaces" tab.
5) Here, I chose "ALTERA JTAG" by clicking "FIL interface". In the "FPGA Input Clock" section, I selected the frequency 50 MHz, 23.pin for "Clock" and 25.pin for "Reset" and clicked "NEXT".
6) I selected the communication format "JTAG" and finished the test phase successfully by clicking "Run Selected Test (s)".
After all these stages, when I started to generate hdl code, I get the error that the Quartus program does not support and cannot synthesize the selected fpga.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mehmet İrfan Gedik
Not : but I can choose this fpga in the quartus program, so the program supports it
Now there is a different problem. Using the "FPGA Turnkey" I define the led with a 4-bit width in the "Turnkey I / O" tab. However, the error appears. When I compile and synthesize the .sof project file created by Matlab in Quartus, there is no problem.
I need your help on this one,