Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

HLS Error Message when I run the generated .exe

Manusch
Beginner
Hello I am a MSc student and completely new to FPGA and HLS, so apologies if this is a stupid question. I am currently trying to get one of the examples (that comes with the hls packages -> counter) into QuestaSim or ModelSim. To do so, I follow the "Intel High Level Synthesis Compiler User Guide". To be more specific, I try to follow chapter 6.2. I use the init_hls.bat, navigate to my example folder and run: i++ -march=Arria10 -ghdl=1 counter.cpp -o test_xxxx.exe (xxxx being a number to label my test) This gives me the error message: "EmitRawText called on an MCStreamer that doesn't support it, something must not be fully mc'ized aocl-clang: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 3 (use -v to see invocation) HLS Clang (Generating testbench object file) FAILED." However, I noticed I can change the command to: i++ -march=Arria10 -ghdl counter.cpp -o test_xxxx.exe (without the "=1") Then it generates the folder with everything in it, as well as test_xxxx.exe. However here is my problem: If I try running test_xxxx.exe I get this Error: Error: The simulator's process ended unexpectedly. Check \counter/test_xxxx.prj/verification/transcript.log for details. Assertion failed: sockfd != INVALID_SOCKET && "IPCSocketMaster::connect() call to accept() failed", file src/hls_cosim_ipc_socket.cpp, line 198 And the transcript file that is being mentioned does not exist, so I have no clue how to prevent this error. Did I make a mistake with the command? What can I do? I am on Windows 10, and use Quartus Prime Standart Edition 19.1, HLS Compiler 19.1 Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Manusch
Beginner

Hello, it is me again. We found the reason for the error, and I thought I document it here for others.

The problem was that the project folder had a folder in its path that had an empty space in its name,

Something like C:\folder\folder\problem folder\folder\...\counter

To fix the issue, call the problem folder "problem_folder" with an underscore and make sure you don't have any spaces in the names.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Manusch,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope all is well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Good to know that it is working now and appreciate the solution you post, for new queries, please feel free to open new thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos