Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Hi Just installed Quartus prime lite and I am using a Max DE10. I am actually trying to do the beginner projects from the Intel class intro to FPGA. The Quartus software seems to be in order. When I run new project wizard and hit finish it locks and prog

MZlab
Beginner

Freezes and I have to close it What is up?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Michael,

What version of QP Lite you are using? Im not sure it could be due to other heavy background(s) running OR your you are not meeting the System and Software Requirements. Refer link below for details.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/requirements/19.1/

Thanks,

Regards.

0 Kudos
MZlab
Beginner

Thanks for responding. My system is pretty good. I am running an Intel i7 with 64 G of ram and most of a Tera of HD. I would think that should be sufficient? It turns out there are many "hidden" problems to deal with. Adding folders and root folders and directories being some of them. As well as moving some files into these new folders and placing others in other folders. A lot of trial and error and time. Seems like by now a lot of these bugs would have been worked out? At the very least a read.me with this info in it. I like the product and I like the Quartus well enough. Just bulky and awkward for a newbie.

And the directions to follow in the beginners video are not very well done. Go grab someone off the street and sit them down and have them watch the video and do it? The perspective of teaching needs to be from those who are learning, not those who already know.

Thanks,

Michael Zlab

0 Kudos
MZlab
Beginner

Oh and 19.1 is the Q-lite I am using.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Michael,

Yes it is enough already the spec. So did you solve the issue or still stuck with it? I try to replicate the issue and cannot reproduce it. The is just a workaround try to re download and reinstall the QP Lite software. Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
MZlab
Beginner

Hi,

Yes in short it is working. I may find other issues as I progress. Just so you know. I tried down loading and reinstalling several times. The issue is in the down load install and set-up itself. There are files and folders missing from the build. When you first create a project in wizard you have to create a folder for it. And place it in the right path. All of these issues are not listed and not so intuitive to fix. Some of them by trial and error and blind luck. As I write this I am not sure all that I did.

But thank you so much for your time and concerns in this!! I am sure I will have other questions. I am a full time student and my time is divided. I wish I had more time to explore this. We are using this DE-10 for a digital class I am taking. Intro that is..

Thanks,

Michael Zlab

0 Kudos