Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18955 Discussions

How to create Separate System in Qsys Under IP Catalog ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi,  

I am using Quartus web edition 14.1 (Free edition) for my trial purposes. I want to know how to create unique IP system in qsys under IP Catalog ? For your reference please find the attachment. Just like i need to create separate system in qsys.  

Anyone can share me the flow in creating system under IP Catalog of Qsys.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

As long as Qsys (now called Platform Designer) can "see" a .qsys file, it gets listed in the IP catalog. For it to see the file, it needs to be in the same directory as the current .qsys, in a directory named ip one level down from the current .qsys file, or in a custom location specified in the tool's options.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

As long as Qsys (now called Platform Designer) can "see" a .qsys file, it gets listed in the IP catalog. For it to see the file, it needs to be in the same directory as the current .qsys, in a directory named ip one level down from the current .qsys file, or in a custom location specified in the tool's options. 

--- Quote End ---  

Sorry, i am unable to get you what you trying to explain me :confused: 

Please can you explain me step-by-step.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

Check Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Handbook Volume 1 Design and Compilation 

For “Create IP Components in the Platform Designer Component Editor” from the following link, & check screenshot. 

https://www.altera.com/documentation/jbr1437426657605.html#mwh1409958782920 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

There's not much to explain. Where have you placed the .qsys file that you want to appear as a system you can add to another system? 

This is called hierarchical system design, so there has to be an already completed system that you are adding as a component in another system.