Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

How to debug the PS program through USB Blaster II in CycloneV SOC?

frotho
Beginner

Hi, 

I'm just started to the CycloneV SOC 5CSEA5 FPGA, I know how to debug the PL program through USB Blaster and watch signal in SignalTap, but how can I use USB Blaster to debug the PS program in DS-5?

ps: The SOC starts to load the micro OS system, and then executes the application in the PS. I want to debug the application in the DS-5 through the USB Blaster.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

By PS, do you mean Passive Serial? Kindly refer to Cyclone V handbook below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_5v2.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
frotho
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

Thanks for your kind reply, I had viewed the cv_5v2.pdf document, but I did not find the relevant content.

By PS, I mean the HPS in the Cyclone V SOC, I want to debug the ARM program with USB Blaster II in the DS-5.

0 Kudos
frotho
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

Thanks for your kind reply, I had viewed the cv_5v2.pdf document, but I did not find the relevant content.

By PS, I mean the HPS in the Cyclone V SOC, I want to debug the ARM program with USB Blaster II in the DS-5.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Our team will continue to support you through case 05299527 as it was a duplicate case. I will continue to close this one.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
frotho
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

Thank you all for your help.

How can I get the case 05299527, and Is there any detailed documentation on this case?

Best Regards

Frotho

0 Kudos