Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

I am using a max10 ,is the external reset signal essential?

zlan01
Beginner

is there any document about the reset signal of max10?is the external reset signal essential? and what is the intel recommended mode to reset a max10? In one word ,what is the best way to reset a max10 ?

is using a capacitance and resistor to construct a circuit the best way to reset the max10 ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

May I know your are your referring to reconfiguration.

Regards,

Rahul S

0 Kudos
zlan01
Beginner

the bit *.pof is written to the ​flash, and when the chip is powered , yes it is referring to  reconfiguration

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

For the above , kindly use the below signal .

reconfiguration by pulling the nCONFIG pin low , to make FPGA to reconfig . But I do not have recommendation for the circuit.

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance

0 Kudos
zlan01
Beginner

thanks a lot for you help, and what I want to know, in one word , should I design a reset input which drived by a resistance capacitance charging circuit for max10 using a general IO ?

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

should I design a reset input which drived by a resistance capacitance charging circuit for max10 using a general IO,

From the above question, whatii have understood is do you need a reset circuit for nCONFIG ,

>>> You can have a reset pin,

I am not expert in resistance capacitance charging circuit and it's functionality/usage . So I cannot command that logic part of the circuit.

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Let me know if you need further assistance

0 Kudos