Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

I can not able to configure fpga to quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear All, 

I am sasi, Trying to program the fpga , But I can not able to do it.I configer the jtag usb blaster ii, they are perfectly fine , the only problem is I can not see any hardware configuration on quartus. If some having idea about it please help me out. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sasi1922, 

Generally we would use the Programmer in the Quartus to program a SOF file into the FPGA. Not sure if this is something that you are looking for? If not, probably you might need to further elaborate on your "cannot see any hardware configuration" problem. Some screenshots will be helpful. 

Best Regards, 

bfkstimchan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

please look at pictures.. thanks for your kind response ,

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

remaining pictures.. I cannot able to program fpga... please help me. Thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sasi1922, 

What is the error message from the Quartus message log? The screen shots does not show the actual message log. 

Which board are you using? I can see that you have auto-detect the devices in the JTAG chain which show 2 devices (SOCHPS and 5CSEMA). Since the programmer has auto-detect these 2 devices (SOCHPS and 5CSEMA) then you just need to add the .sof file into the 5CSEMA device. You should right click at the 5CSEMA device and choose Change File (not Add file). Then select the correct .sof file for the 5CSEMA device. 

Regards, 

mayui@neko 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sasi1922, 

Since the programmer has auto-detect these 2 devices in the JTAG chain then you just need to add the .sof file into the 5CSEMA device. You should right click at the 5CSEMA device and choose Change File (not Add file). Then select the correct .sof file for the 5CSEMA device. 

Regards, 

nyusof 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear nyusof, 

thanks for your information. I tried it but not getting the solution . please see the attached image.give me some possible ways to get solution. 

I tried with yes ,but no response 

tried with no as well same result. 

thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sasi1922, 

The pop up error message has clearly explained the reason. You are trying to program the a 5CSEMA device with the wrong .sof file. Why is the .sof file target for 5CGXFC7C device and not the correct 5CSEMA device? This is basic, the generated .sof file need to be target for 5CSEMA device then only you can program the 5CSEMA device. The Quartus project design needs to be set to the 5CSEMA device.  

You need to know which Cyclone V device you are trying to design and program. Check the correct physical Cyclone V part number on your board.  

Regards, 

nyusof 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear, 

Its 5csema5f31c6nf cadu1525a
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sasi1922, 

Since you have confirm its 5csema5f31c6nf, then you just need to change the Quartus project design target to this 5csema5f31c6nf device. Then recompile the project design to get the correct .sof file for 5csema5f31c6nf device. 

Regards, 

nyusof 

0 Kudos