Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

I've upgraded Quartus ii,from Rev.10.1 to Rev.13.1. After upgrade the "Available Devices list" is an inactive. How can I make it active?

AGofs
Novice

I've upgraded Quartus ii,from Rev.10.1 to Rev.13.1 .

I'm opening new project with "New Project Wizard".

At some stage I want to select specific device from "Select from Available devices list" option, but this option is an inactive.

The option "Auto select" is active instead.

How can I make "Select from Available devices list" active?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Alex,

It may happen due to setup a global environment variable 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE' that pointed to a different version of Quartus installed on the machine.

Generally every time quartus launches, it will override the 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR' environment, but not the 'QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE' one, which need to be manually changed if a different version of quartus is used.

Go to "System"->"Advanced System settings"->"Environment variable"..

check the "QUARTUS_ROOTDIR" pointing to the Quartus13.1.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice
Hi Vikas, It doesn't point to the Quartus13.1. I've changed to the Quartus rev. 13.1 , But the "Available Devices list" still inactive and I cannot select specific device.
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you install device packages during the Quartus installation? If not, download them and then run the device installer.

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice
I'm sure about installation of device packages during Quartus installation. I've attached two pictures to this message. You can see from first that devices are installed. In addition you can see from second picture that I cannot add any another device (Maybe because this device has already installed).
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No pictures in your message. But it might be worth it to uninstall and reinstall Quartus and the device packages. You also may want to try a newer version of the software.

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice
I'm sending once again the pictures.
0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Alex,

There are no attachments available yet, please resend again with proper format( .jpg , .png etc)

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice
Hi Vikas, I've attached two pictures(.png) in the .zip file. May be now you will get them… I've tried yesterday to reinstall Quartus 13.1 , but the problem is still existing. I was working with Quartus10.1 and when I should specify the location of valid license file- I'm directing to the location of the Quartus10.1 license . May be the problem is in the license?
0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Alex,

Do you have valid license for Quartus 13.1?

Why don`t you upgrade to the latest version (Quartus 18.1)? any specific reason...

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice
Hi Vicky, I have a valid license for Quartus10.1. Can I use this license for Quarus13.1? I will not upgrade Quartus to REV18.1.
0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Alex,

The current licence will not work for Quartus 13.1, you need to purchase/upgrade to higher/latest version.

Refer the licensing link below,

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos