Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

I want to know which type of fpga I am using(ex: GT,Extended features or Base..)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Board is DE1 fpga : 5csema5f31c6nf  

please help me to configure my board 

thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A quick google would tell you the DE1 has a cyclone 2 FPGA.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for your quick reply.. my board is cyclone v . But i wanted to know the exact version of board. I gone through all user manuals .but i couldnt able to fetch it. Could you please tell me if you know it.  

5csema5f31c6nf and cyclone v , terasic , Altera ARM
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If it is a cyclone V, then you have a DE1-SoC board, not a DE1.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Remove the F from the end and you have the part number. That tells you everything there is to know about the FPGA. 

For a part number decoder (tells you all features of your device), see page 27 of the manual: https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_5v1.pdf
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes its De1- SoC board.. but i wanted to know the exact board reference like GT or extended feature...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you soo much.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

thanks for your quick reply.. my board is cyclone v . But i wanted to know the exact version of board. I gone through all user manuals .but i couldnt able to fetch it. Could you please tell me if you know it.  

5csema5f31c6nf and cyclone v , terasic , Altera ARM 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

You may refer to the Cyclone V device overview by looking for the ordering information for the part information. 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_5v1.pdf 

The OPN - 5csema5f31c6nf is not the GT feature but is Cyclone V SE feature ( SoC FPGA with enhanced logic/memory) 

Best Regards, 

irishling 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where can I find the best examples for FPGA programming?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

My Board is DE1 fpga : 5csema5f31c6nf  

please help me to configure my board 

thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

--- Quote Start ---  

Where can I find the best examples for FPGA programming? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi sasi1922, 

Since you are using the DE1-SoC board from Terasic, then you should refer to the DE1-SoC board user manual on the configuration scheme being using for the Cyclone V. The DE1-SoC board is using JTAG and Active Serial configuration scheme to program the Cyclone V from the EPCS128 flash device.  

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=167&no=836&partno=4 

As stated in the DE1-SoC board user manual, you can refer under chapter 3.2 “Configuration of Cyclone V SoC FPGA on DE1-SoC” for all the steps to perform the JTAG and Active Serial configuration scheme 

Regards, 

nyusof 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I want to know the exact device, assuming there is no heatsink, Inlook at the part number on the chip. If there is a heatsink I look at scematics for the board and check that they are up-to-date.

0 Kudos