Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

INTEL STRATIX 10 GX SPI/I2C

AK-1
Novice

Hi,

In Intel Stratix 10 GX overview document, it has been mentioned that only 4-SPI and 5-I2C can be used.

Is that is the limitation or can we use more than that?

Kindly clarify!

Thanks & regards,

Aravind D

@fpga @SPI @I2C @STRATIX 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hareesh
Employee

Hi Aravind D,

The Stratix 10 GX is a combination of PS (ARM processor) and PL (FPGA). In the user guide, whatever is mentioned about I2C and SPI is related to PS (ARM processor). On the PS (ARM processor) side, some GPIO pins are dedicated to specific functionality like SPI, I2C, etc. So, on the PS side, we have limitations and are not able to use more than what is mentioned in the user guide. But, if you are going to use FPGA (PL part), then you can use more IPs (SPI's and I2C's). The limitation on the FPGA side is the dependence on the availability of logic elements (LE's) and GPIO pins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi Aravind D,

The Stratix 10 GX is a combination of PS (ARM processor) and PL (FPGA). In the user guide, whatever is mentioned about I2C and SPI is related to PS (ARM processor). On the PS (ARM processor) side, some GPIO pins are dedicated to specific functionality like SPI, I2C, etc. So, on the PS side, we have limitations and are not able to use more than what is mentioned in the user guide. But, if you are going to use FPGA (PL part), then you can use more IPs (SPI's and I2C's). The limitation on the FPGA side is the dependence on the availability of logic elements (LE's) and GPIO pins.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi Aravind D,

Since I had provided you the solution/answer and did not received any feedback from you, I shall set this case to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this case within 20days or open a new case, some one will be right with you.

I shall set this case to close pending,

If you happened to close this case you will receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Hareesh B.

0 Kudos