Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Implementation of a code only using 2:1 Mux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hii Everyone, 

I am using Quartus Prime Design suite 15.1. 

I wrote a behavioral verilog code. When I compile it and see its netlist using Tools->netlist viewer->RTL viewer, I see the code is realized using some random gates and decoder logic. 

I wanted to implement the logic only using 2:1 Mux. Is there any setting to do that. 

Thank you, 

Surya
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hii Everyone, 

I am using Quartus Prime Design suite 15.1. 

I wrote a behavioral verilog code. When I compile it and see its netlist using Tools->netlist viewer->RTL viewer, I see the code is realized using some random gates and decoder logic. 

I wanted to implement the logic only using 2:1 Mux. Is there any setting to do that. 

Thank you, 

Surya 

--- Quote End ---  

I will leave the tool free to implement and would rather focus on my required outputs. In fact there are no silicon level gates and no dedicated muxes in FPGAs but just LUTs + registers. 

All logic is finally a network of luts connected together plus registers in between. We trust the tool or we won't be here.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I will leave the tool free to implement and would rather focus on my required outputs. In fact there are no silicon level gates and no dedicated muxes in FPGAs but just LUTs + registers. 

All logic is finally a network of luts connected together plus registers in between. We trust the tool or we won't be here. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, the thing is I am doing a mixed signal simulation and I have a standard 2:1 Mux available and it is really easy to design a 2:1 Mux. 

Now, the logic gives me a decoder with OR gates whose transistor level is difficult to design. 

Thus, if there would have been a tool that gave me the Mux equivalent logic, I could easily implement it at a transistor level.
0 Kudos