Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19206 Discussions

In the Stratix 10 Clocking User Guide (Dec 2018) section 2.1.4.1.3 on page 11 describes a way to get the clocks coming out of the I/O PLL. But I don't see how I enable this functionality in the I/O PLL parameter editor. How do I turn on this feature?

SZack
Partner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @SZack​ 

It is not in the PLL IP, instead it is in the Clock Control IP --> Clock Enable Type --> Distributed

SZack
Partner

In Figure 5 of the Stratix 10 Clocking and PLL Architecture document (see below) I wanted to know how to enable the I/O PLL Clock Gates shown in the block on the left. I thought the Distributed Sector Level setting controlled the clock gates in the SCLK block on the right. Figure 5 shows three different clock gates (I/O PLL Clock Gates, Root Clock Gate, Clock Gate in the SCLK section) but I only see two choices in the Clock Control IP.

S10 Clock Gating.JPG

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Ah ha...i see what you mean.

You are right! you can gate each of the output clock individually by setting the mgmt_address[9:8] to 2'b10, and depending on which output to gate/ungate, you have to set the mgmt_writedata[7:0] accordingly.

You can refer to the example design and description from below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mcn1440569668630.html#xxd14891180...