Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Installation problem of Quartus II on Debian

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I'm using Debian Wheezy and when running the "11.1sp2_259_quartus_free_linux.sh" file I get this: 

Starting GUI. If nothing shows up, or you don't have an X display, run: ./setup --help for commandline usage. NOTE: All output has been redirected to /tmp/altera_setup.log.W8lGSZjJBL  

and this is the altera_setup.log.W8lGSZjJBL 

./setup: line 61: /home/andres/Programs/11.1sp2_259_quartus_free_linux/altera_installer/bin/altera_installer_cmd: No such file or directory  

What do I do? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What do I do? 

--- Quote End ---  

Change Linux distro? 

Installation under Ubuntu 11.10 and Centos 6.2 works fine (after a little tweaking). 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Use the debian guide at the alterawiki: 

www dot alterawiki dot com/wiki/Quartus_for_Debian_Wheezy 

I was able to get it to work with debian wheezy and Modelsim/Quartus 12.0 SP2.  

Change the setup file shebangs to# /bin/bash and run them with ./setup --gui from a terminal.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

install flashplugin first for gui 

install libc6-i386 first for 64bit linux 

it's work for me 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, I'm using Debian Wheezy and when running the "11.1sp2_259_quartus_free_linux.sh" file I get this: 

Starting GUI. If nothing shows up, or you don't have an X display, run: ./setup --help for commandline usage. NOTE: All output has been redirected to /tmp/altera_setup.log.W8lGSZjJBL  

and this is the altera_setup.log.W8lGSZjJBL 

./setup: line 61: /home/andres/Programs/11.1sp2_259_quartus_free_linux/altera_installer/bin/altera_installer_cmd: No such file or directory  

What do I do? Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I need 5 posts to post a hyperlink how frustrating!!! :( see my next post

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

CHeck this out: http://www.alterawiki.com/w/index.php?title=quartus_for_debian_wheezy  

I found this on this forum its a complete guide for installing QuartusII on Debian by Hannes
0 Kudos